Wednesday 2 June 2010

FASHION and me through the years..

Ok so this evening I thought I'd talk about Fashion and how my style has changed through the years.
First off it's fair to say that I've had some fashion disasters in my past. Most - maybe all in fact - have been down to my constant desire to experiment and go against the grain (as it was) Having said that there have definitely been times where I've decided to just 'fit in' and wear what everyone else around me is wearing and and now I'm confident to say that - while influence from friends and peers etc can be useful and inspiring sometimes - It's better to absorb what you see and give it your own personal twist and this can be as subtle or unsubtle as one wants!

Standing out and being outrageous certainly isn't for everyone and certainly at times it's not for me!
If I wanna go down the road to buy some tea on a sunday morning then I'm not gonna go out dressed up and fabulous, I'm gonna grab whatever is nearest and traipse down (even in my slippers :P)
I suppose it comes down to moderation and mood.
Grumpy : I'm gettin' a hoodie while hyped and happy : Time to be creative and fabulous

Now, some are probably thinking "yeah, yeah common sense..." right??

As a child I grew up willing to put any item of clothing on that came my way and not giving a fucks biscuit about where It was bought, who had made it and what it was made of.
Getting older and approaching the teenage years I became slightly more fussy and my taste in clothing became somewhat inventive at the least. I guess also at this time I also felt the urge to blend in and wear trackies, hoodies and trainers.
As a teenager I became obsessed with Kylie Minogue (I knoooow ahahahaaa)
And I the urge to be creative and different became all the more clear. Here is where I became more interested in Fashion and what was considered 'cool' and 'hip' I looked further into the world and became influenced by people globally and outside the classroom.
As an older teen and approaching the present time now I've become even more interested and influenced by Fashion and less interested in 'fitting in' as I used to be. The price no longer solely dictates whether I buy something but it certainly serves as guide and there are definitely limits as to how much I will pay for an item but there are limits for everyone right?

"Change is as natural as breathing" and I believe that it always inevitable and healthy.
There are certain things that remain constant however and for me I've always preferred colour and quirk as opposed to monotones and colour cliches, for instance I've always noticed that men mainly wear black, white, grey or blue and so I will search that extra half hour to find that red sweater! That's not to say that I never wear black, white, grey or blue in fact I've been told that grey really compliments my skin tone. All I'm saying is that I feel that's it's much more fun and challenging to create your own groove and not just slide into a groove that has been worn down by so many others! Part of the fun is seeing people's reactions and I've noticed that over the years the reactions have become much more positive and people - strangers even - stop me in the street and compliment me so of course it's nice when you get it right but it's the getting it wrong and experimenting that's the interesting part :)

So for the future ... God only knows but undoubtedly I will change and revolutionise and you know what?? Bring it ooon! BRING IT THE FUCK ON BABY!

Peace & Love
Speeaak sooon
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment